Friday, May 7, 2010

Digging in the dirt

I was able to leave work a little early today, and was rewarded with a chance to spend a couple of hours moving plants and weeding. It felt good to be outside doing something that didn't require memorizing formulas and checking assumptions and conditions! We are continuing to fill in the new planting bed in front with stuff we're thinning out in the back. I'm beginning to refer to this as "frugal gardening." So far, all we've spent any money on has been the sweet peet, and we've managed to fill in the new planting area and some empty corners with what we have.
My nail tech was telling me how she and her fiancee helped his grandmother mulch her flower beds with 6 yards of mulch and how much she hated doing outside stuff. And I heard myself saying, "Oh, that's not so bad. And mulch is pretty light."
So now I'm wondering: when did I become this person who would rather muck about outside in the yard? Or was she always there and I just didn't know it?

1 comment:

Jim Groble said...

always there. love jim